What is a WeedSwiper?
The Weedswiper is a unique non-drip weed wiper for the control of tall growing weeds in arable, grassland, forestry and vegetable crops.
What WeedSwiper can be used for:
In arable fields the WeedSwiper can be used to treat:
- weed-beet in sugar beet
- volunteer potatoes
- oil seed rape in various crops
For Stewardship schemes it has been used to treat:
- creeping thistle and nettles in wild flower beds etc.
- English Nature have used this machine for silver birch re-growth, ragwort, thistles and nettles in grassland situations.
- The RSPB have used this machine to treat rushes. They kindly wrote a case study about this with before and after photos.
WeedSwiper works on weed species that are at least 150mm above the desired plants to ensure no damage to the underlying crop.
We’ve sold our weedswipers to the RSPB, Natural England, the Wildlife Trusts and the National Trust as well as vegetable and arable farmers.
What type of WeedSwiper is suitable for you?
We have several models of the WeedSwiper. They come in a range of sizes.
- Tractor Mounted with 3-point linkage. Sizes: 4.1m, 6m, 6m to 8.4m and 9.4m
- Tractor Mounted with extra sensors. Size: 6m
- Tractor Mounted Trailed with 3-point linkage tow behind tractor, 4WD or ATV. Size: 6m
- Vegetable WeedSwiper. Size: 6m
Below is a video of our 6m Tractor Mounted WeedSwiper treating weed beet.